[NFB-Talk] Want to Learn About the Game Cricket?

mind Star mindstar987 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:43:51 UTC 2020

Hello everyone!
Thank you very much for your interest in this meeting and your desire
to participate in this exciting opportunity. Our idea is simple: start
a blind cricket team in the USA, but it will take all of your ideas,
experiences, and expertise to bring this from a simple idea to a
workable reality.
The meeting will be held on Saturday, June 6th, at 12:00 PM. Eastern.
We will begin with three international guests, who have experienced
cricket firsthand, either as an athlete or a coach. The floor will
then be opened to any questions or comments from the panel of
representatives. The last portion of the meeting is open to answering
the question: what actionable steps should we take next?
Our international guests are as follows:

   Hassan Khan, born in Pakistan, now plays for the England Blind
Cricket Team. After playing in three World Cups, and winning the ashes
in Australia, he has become an advocate for the game, hoping to bring
it to other parts of the world. He had a hand in trialing Blind
Cricket in New York back in 2009.

Aqsa Arif is a player of the Women’s Cricket Team in Pakistan. After
losing her sight due to an unfortunate accident playing basketball at
her school, she realized that this tragedy would not keep her from her
dream of playing sports. Aqsa made it into Kinnaird College in Lahore,
and it was there that she learned of the opportunity to play Blind
Cricket for the women’s team. They told her, however, that she was too
late. She countered this with, “you are selecting players who are
right-handed, but I could be your weapon using my left arm.” To the
delight of her family, Aqsa made her debut for Pakistan against Nepal
back in 2018, and she has been playing since.

   Taariq Smith is currently the assistant coach for the South African
National Blind Cricket team. He began his Cricket career umpiring for
several international Blind Cricket games, including the 2014 World
Cup final. If that wasn’t enough, he runs the BCSA twitter account. He
is also a fantastic commentator, one of his most recent live
commentaries being the series between South Africa and New Zealand.
Taariq is not only an advocate for the game of Blind Cricket, he is a
passionate supporter of the game being started and expanded in other
countries.

   From potential players to coaches, fellow advocates, and
representatives, to anyone simply interested in learning about the
game of Blind Cricket, we welcome you and look forward to seeing you
on Saturday!

Using Zoom Conference, connect with Windows, iPhone, android or Mac:
https://zoom.us/my/nfbindiana
Call with iPhone or Android Phone:
+16468769923,,9908141333,,#
Call with your home phone: