[NFB-Talk] Public Calendar for the National Association of Guide Dog Users

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Sat Jun 13 22:48:13 UTC 2020

Hello all, please share this where appropriate.

I would like to share that the National Association of Guide Dog Users,
(NAGDU), now has a public calendar that you can subscribe to. This is a
great way to see what is going on and when regarding NAGDU. I will share
two web links with you along with a description of what each one does.

First is the iCal subscription link. If you would like to add the NAGDU
Public calendar to your own calendar, whether it's an iPhone, iPad,
Android, or simply a regular calendar feed, then this first link is what
you will need. Instructions for adding this are out of the scope of this
email, but in most cases, once you reach the add calendar edit field,
all you do is type or paste this link and you will have access. You will
not need to have a special user name and password and you will not need
to request permission.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/nagdu.org_7eopjofhnd4968m46rcmgrck0s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Second is the public web address for the calendar. The following link is
great if you simply want to view the calendar from a web browser. This
will let you see things, but it will not give you the option of
subscribing to the calendar itself. While this method is easiest since
all you have to do is look at it, you will miss out on calendar
notifications if you want those.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nagdu.org_7eopjofhnd4968m46rcmgrck0s%40group.calendar.google.com

If you have any questions, please write me directly. My contact
information is in my signature below. You can also contact all members
of the NAGDU board by writing board at nagdu.org.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Vice President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
(832) 554-7285  |  rgallegos at nagdu.org

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan