[NFB-Talk] The end of the 2, 4, 6 Summer Training Special from RGA Tech Solutions

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Wed Sep 30 16:19:16 UTC 2020

Hello to my Federation friends and family,

Please share this message wherever appropriate. Although today is the
last official day that my company, RGA Tech Solutions, is offering the
summer training special, I am extending it until this Friday, October 2,
2020. The special is called 2, 4, 6. No, this is not a cheer leading
chant, but you should still enjoy it nonetheless. The special basically
works like this. If you purchase two hours of remote training, the cost
for those two hours is $70. If you purchase four hours of remote
training, the cost is $120 for those four hours. However, if you
purchase a block of six hours of remote training, the cost is only $150
for that block. In other words, the more you buy, the more you save. The
nice thing about the blocks of hours purchased is that once purchased,
you have six whole months to use them. So, this means that if you
purchase remote training today, tomorrow, or Friday, you will have until
some time in March or April 2021 to use them. This is a great way to
lock in a price for remote training at a lower cost but for something
you might not need right away.

The following are some of the categories of things I can teach.

Jaws, NVDA, ZoomText, Fusion, Office, Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad,
Android devices, VoiceOver, TalkBack, Braille displays and notetakers,
specialized book readers like the Victor Reader and the Blaze, and smart
speakers.

While most of the training is generalized so that you can get up and
running to do your own thing, I also offer training in specific areas
upon request. For example, maybe you are already familiar with Windows
and NVDA but you are not so familiar with using iTunes to copy music or
ring tones into your iPhone. Maybe you are okay with most web browsing,
but you need a little extra help with Facebook. If you have specific
needs in specific areas, we can talk about those too. I will be very
upfront with you if I am not able to provide training in the area you
are requesting.

I have been in the assistive technology industry for over 15 years and
prior to that, worked as a Unix/Linux network administrator for Sprint.
i have worked in incoming call center jobs, and I have even worked as an
outbound telemarketer. While call center jobs were not very technical,
they gave me the opportunity to learn how to best work with people. This
means that when working with me, you will not get a cookie-cutter
approach to what I teach. Instead, you will get friendly and
personalized training services. If I don't know something, I will tell
you, and we will work together to solve the problem. All training
sessions are done over Zoom unless you have a specific need to use
something else like Microsoft Teams or a phone call. I recommend
recording the sessions to help with notetaking, but that is not a
requirement.

I am able to provide references upon request and I am willing to answer
questions prior to your commitment.

Please reach out by emailing training at rgats.com or calling 832.639.4477
during regular business hours in the United States Central time zone,
and let's talk about your technology needs.

Thank you.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Assistive Technology Trainer and Consultant: RGA Tech Solutions
Home: (832) 554-7285  |  raul at raulgallegos.com
Work: (832) 639-4477  |  training at rgats.com

"Any teacher that can be replaced with a computer, deserves to be." --
David Thornburg