[NFBA-Phoenix] Important. Please Join Me

Megan Homrighausen megan.homrighausen at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 04:30:39 UTC 2017

Tanner,
Yeah, I agree. We probably should not be bashing our president on a public and national list surv that belongs to the National Federation Of The Blind, especially right before going to Washington Seminar where we are trying to get legislation done.
Also, this posting is actually really not along the lines of what the National Federation of the blind is trying to promote.
I was new once too, and believe me, I'm just starting to grow out of going off on people and it was a hard lesson to learn.
Using profanities is probably not a good idea. You have prominent people on your list including national representatives.

When I was new to the federation one of my mentors gave me some really great advice. Every day you should try to take at least 15 minutes and read a Kernel story, braille monitor article, or a speech. Learn all you can about the Federation.

We promote love and togetherness and that is what you need to continue to do. We can't promote or build anything if we are going to start promoting hate towards the people we need.Sincerely,

Megan Homrighausen
East Valley Chapter President
National Federation Of The Blind Of Arizona
480-510-6196

National Federation Of The Blind Principles

1. Itis respectable to be blind. It’s okay to be blind. Being blind issomething that we need not feel troubled or embarrassed about, concerned aboutor emotionally exhausted over. It’s okay to be blind.
2. The real problem of blindness is not the absence of vision but isthe social misconceptions and stereotypes that exist about blindness. It is not the physical absence of eye sight but it is what society has come tobelieve about our blindness. We reject the misconceptions that society has andwe accept that the physical absence of our sight is not the big problem.
3. With proper training and opportunity the average blind person cando the average job in the average place of work.
4. Blindnessis simply one of many human characteristics, like being tall or being short,being big or small, being bright or average. Blindness is simply one of many
characteristics.
5. Blindnesscan be reduced to the level of an inconvenience or physical nuisance.
6. Webelieve in the effectiveness of alternative non visual techniques.
7. Ifwe want equal rights we need to accept equal responsibility.