[NFBA-Phoenix] Phoenix Chapter making an Impact!

Jordan Moon jdfmoon at gmail.com
Wed May 1 15:20:22 UTC 2019

Hi, Phoenix Chapter Family!!

 Hope you are well. I'm writing to invite you to participate in two
different opportunities that will help the Phoenix chapter. The first
one is the Phoenix Community Engagement Committee. The goal of this
committee is to not only figure out ways to engage with the community,
but to engage in advocacy efforts of this chapter. We will work very
closely with the membership committee. The community Engagement
Committee's duties will include:
attending community events around Phoenix on behalf of the chapter
engaging with media to spread the word of our chapter
take part in advocacy efforts at city hall and beyond
join boards and commissions around Phoenix that deal with blindness
organize events like the meet the blind/ annual picnic
post on our facebook/twitter pages

 The other opportunity -which we're so excited about- is that our
chapter is the host chapter for this year's state convention!!! This
will require us to handle the Friday night social activity, as well as
other small items. This is a great way to grow our chapter and get the
state excited about what we're growing and doing in Phoenix.

 If you're interested in joining any or both of these efforts, please
let me know. I want to start scheduling meetings for both.
Thanks and have a great rest of your week!
Jordan Moon
Vice President, Phoenix Chapter
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona
951-316-5363
jdfmoon at gmail.com