[Nfbaz-talk] ASU Paid Research Opportunity for Blind Adults

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 21:11:13 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I am sending you this invitation on behalf of Troy McDaniel, an
assistant research professor in the School of Computing, Informatics,
and Decision Systems Engineering at Arizona State University (ASU). He
is also the associate director of the Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous
Computing (CUbiC) at ASU. He is conducting a study to gain knowledge
on the perception of tactile representations of facial movements for
potential use in social assistive aids for individuals who are blind.
Dr. McDaniel and I cordially invite you to participate in this user
study. The study will take place on the Tempe campus of Arizona State
University in the Brickyard building, located at 699 S Mill Avenue, in
room 380 on the third floor. The study will be for two hours. If you
choose to participate, you'll be compensated $25 for your time.
Currently, study sessions are available on Monday, November 13 and
Thursday, November 16, both during the day and in the evening, and
more dates will be added soon.
I have attached the consent form to this email so you can get an idea
of what the study is about. If interested in participating, please
either click this link to sign up:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3887024/Sign-Up-for-Tactile-Perception-Study
time for you to come to the study.
If you have any questions about the study, please feel free to contact
Dr. McDaniel at troy.mcdaniel at asu.edu<mailto:troy.mcdaniel at asu.edu>

Best,

Arielle Silverman, Ph.D.
Disability Wisdom Consulting