[Nfbc-info] Coins and Beach Cities!

Juliett Cody julietcody at cox.net
Tue Aug 18 22:16:08 UTC 2009

Hello Federationist,

As I am the proud president of our, high energy charged, very effective and cool "Beach Cities Chapter", I shall report the following:

On August 5, 2009 Susan Rios my JR. assistance got the Beach Cities Chapter a presentation booking at a very large Mormon Church. Karma Rios, Peter Man sell and I demonstrated: mobility using canes and guide dogs, Braille and some of the latest technologies. We educated about the NFBC. WE spoke of Louie Braille and the collaboration between the federal government and the NFB minting a commemorative coin with the effort of creating funds for Braille literacy. It was a very successful event   and we are getting some coins sold. The event ended with a delicious ice cream social. YUM!!

A good way to move the coin is by doing presentations at the local elementary schools and churches. Don't forget to bring a beautiful shiny coin to show and lots of literature to give away. This is just a couple of ideas, so lets all go and get all the coins sold.

Thanks beach Cities for making me proud, and giving me the opportunity to brag again!!!

Love,

Juliet Cody

Beach Cities President