[Nfbc-info] Bridging for Braille

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 22 22:42:05 UTC 2009

“Bridging for Braille”

Register now at   http://www.nfbcal.org/nfbc/walk09.html

Be a part of the first “Whozit walks the bridge for Braille”.  This event
will bring together the largest group  in the most unusual location with the
most influential people in California who are concerned about the “Braille
Literacy Crisis”.  We are celebrating the 200th birthday of Louis Braille,
the inventor of the code which has made it possible for blind people to read
and write.

Where?

Meet Whozit at “Vista Point” on the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge.

When?

 on October 22, 2009 at 1:00p.m.

Who?

Anyone who cares about education.  90% of blind children in America are not
being given the opportunity to learn Braille.  Braille is a tactile reading
code which makes it possible for those who are blind to have an education,
or training, or live independently in their communities.

We need your help!

Get SPONSORS!  If we all work together we can fight Braille illiteracy.
With your donation or sponsorship, we can make this happen.

Follow this link  http://www.nfbcal.org/nfbc/walk09.html to register now.

Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net