[Nfbc-info] On a budget? fast food near freemont hilton

Michael Peterson its.mike at att.net
Fri Sep 25 05:18:08 UTC 2009

Note I am giving you a list of many restaurants nearby on yelp because your
budget may be a little more extravagant than mine.
I can't find starbucks but it is mentioned also liet me show you just a few
reviews of the newark hilton food.
One reviewer writes:
Centrally located: close to freeway, fast food restaurant, food for less,
Costco,
mall, hair/nail salon, car dealerships, and just about all arrays of
business are
within reach!
Enjoy your stay if you choose to book Hilton!
came here for a conference and the banquet room was decent.  What pushed me
to 4
stars was the FOOD!  I was so surprised that hotel food could be this good.
We had:
-chicken skewers (marinated in a sweet, thick sauce)
-taquitos with fresh & chunky guacamole
-bruschetta toasted & topped with melted mozarella, tomatoes, olive oil &
goat cheese
(everyone LOVED this)
-veggie eggrolls
-cookies (coconut & oatmeal cookies were so soft and chewy; I took some home
for
the bf and told him he wouldn't be able to resist after one bite & I was
100% right)  There's also a restaurant, Ginger Bar & Grill, that's located
right in the middle of the hotel.
Another reviewer says:
Not sure what to make of the bar, which does a karaoke night on Thursday and
has
a live band on Fridays and Saturdays.  It's a strange mix of folks,
definitely not
the place for a quiet drink - however, the two bartenders I encountered were
fun
and friendly, which goes a long way...
ANother customer says:
This place has a nice relaxing bar/lounge....the staff and the customers
always seem
friendly.  Good for any night of the week if you're looking for something
more low
key and where you can actually have a conversation with someone. Drinks are
a little
pricey though.
1. Chandni Restaurant
Categories:
Indian
,
Buffets
,
Venues & Event Spaces
,
Pakistani
4 star rating
20 reviews
5748 Mowry School Rd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 668-1051
Photo of cRiSsY L.
We were invited to a 'Aqeeqah Mubarak' luncheon here.  Finally.. as had
heard about
it many times.    They sectored off an area for my friends luncheon, hence
we got
to partake of the awesome looking.
0.2 Miles
2. Mehran Restaurant
Categories:
Indian
,
Pakistani
,
Halal
3.5 star rating
19 reviews
5774 Mowry School Rd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 668-1111
Photo of Neil R.
I have been here several times but lat night I really enjoyed it. The food,
people,
really friendly staff. Although its a smaller restaurant but they have
blocked off
sections for special events,.
0.4 Miles
3.Jack in the box
5533 Stevenson Blvd
(at Marietta Dr)
Fremont, CA 94538
Mostly good ratings
Category:
Korean
3.5 star rating
62 reviews
5890 Mowry School Rd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 656-1001
Photo of victor g.
manna is on a side street not far from stevenson. in this shopping strip
there are
at least 4 indian eateries.   at manna,  on the right wall, there are insets
in the
wall where korean artifacts are.
0.1 Miles
6. Shan Restaurant 4
Categories:
Halal
,
Indian
,
Pakistani
4 star rating
8 reviews
5720 Mowry School Rd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 490-7426
Photo of San P.
tried their 7.99 buffet. lots of meat but nothing to rave about. I liked the
lamb
but everything else was average.
0.2 Miles
7. Slamwich
Category:
Sandwiches
4 star rating
5 reviews
39700 Cedar Blvd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 252-1649
Photo of Jerry K.
Large sandwich for a good price.  The Dutch Crunch I got was spot
on...crunchy on
top and soft inside...not stale and nasty like at Togos. Much better than
the chain
sandwich joints.
0.3 Miles
8. Pho Appetit
Categories:
Vietnamese
,
Vegetarian
3.5 star rating
75 reviews
6096 Stevenson Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 659-8049
Photo of Jennifer S.
The food here is alright. I've tried many places in the past & it taste much
better
then this place. A place serving "Pho" basically trying for a high-class
style? This
is not quite right. Price is.
0.2 Miles
9. Cyclo Cafe
Categories:
Coffee & Tea
,
Sandwiches
Upcoming Event
3.5 star rating
27 reviews
6038 Stevenson Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 249-9999
Photo of Lis M.
I had a Vietnamese iced latte and a chicken tuscan sandwich for $10. A
little over
my food/coffee budget, but both were quite good. I would have preferred no
side salad
that was drenched in dressing.
0.2 Miles
10. Kabul Express Kabob
Category:
Afghan
3.5 star rating
17 reviews
39698 Cedar Blvd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 979-9600
Photo of Maitreya S.
First, let's clear up the confusion over the name. This is a regular Afghan
restaurant...
It is not a buffet restaurant, nor a 'Panda Express' type ready-to-eat
'express'
restaurant. I mention this.
11. Vito's Pizzeria Italian Restaurant
Categories:
Italian
,
Pizza
3.5 star rating
29 reviews
39974 Cedar Blvd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 440-8010
Photo of Mitchell W.
Thank god for Vito's . . .  If it weren't for this little place, I'm pretty
sure
it would be damn near impossible to find awesome pizza in the east bay.  I
was introduced
to this place by my father,.
12. Carl's Jr
Categories:
Fast Food
,
Burgers
3.5 star rating
3 reviews
39901 Balentine Dr
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 656-6022
Photo of Nick D.
I think we all know or have eaten at a Carl's Jr. before so, I'll just give
you the
gist about this location.  They're fast. The restaurant is clean. The food
is consistent.
The people are nice.   #3.
13. Red Chili
Categories:
Vietnamese
,
Thai
Upcoming Event
3.5 star rating
8 reviews
5733 Stevenson Blvd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 226-8899
Photo of shannon l.
Red Chili in Hayward has been one of my favorite restaurants for a couple
years now.
I've eaten there countless times in the past 3 years and the food has been
consistent.
I've always been satisfied.
14. Outback Steakhouse
Categories:
Barbeque
,
Steakhouses
,
American (Traditional)
,
American (New)
3 star rating
37 reviews
5525 Stevenson Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 252-1595
Photo of Katie F.
Warm soft melty bread. I just couldn't get enough. mmmm. i ordered the
Walhalla pasta
and it was delicious. I ate about a whole loaf of bread with it and i was
very filling.
I also got the salad. the.
15. Restaurant Nijo Castle
Category:
Japanese
3 star rating
79 reviews
39888 Balentine Dr
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 657-6456
Photo of Samantha S.
Went here for a friend's birthday and it was all around great.  I've been
here before
and enjoyed it, and am continually impressed.  I've only done the teppanyaki
and
I've always had a fantastic cook.
16. Thai Express
Categories:
Chinese
,
Thai
3 star rating
13 reviews
39945 Balentine Dr.
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 659-1303
Photo of Adrienne K.
I guess I shouldn't expect too much from an "express" food place.  I was
misled by
the name.  This Thai place is run by Chinese and gives BIG portion for the
price.
I personally think they should.
17. Auntie Anne's
Categories:
Restaurants
,
Food
3 star rating
1 review
2037 New Park Mall
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 791-0781
Photo of Annalynn C.
Because of the Holidays, the malls have been packed and the lines in the
food court
have been long.  Auntie Anne's was no exception.  There were only 5 people
ahead
of us, but for some reason we.
18. Togo's
Category:
Sandwiches
3 star rating
7 reviews
39986 Cedar Blvd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 770-9077
Photo of Nick D.
Word to Three XL T.'s review!!!  They are a friendly bunch to say the least
but,
it's not to say I'm not cringing on the inside!  I usually order a regular
#16 on
Dutch Crunch, which is "The Italian,".
19. Peach Garden
Category:
Chinese
3 star rating
12 reviews
5862 Mowry School Rd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 770-0777
Photo of Nick D.
I've been going to Peach Garden for the past 7-years as I work within
walking distance
to the restaurant, so it was a great lunch spot.  I did however take a
3-year hiatus
when I worked in San.
20. Palm Gardens Bar and Grill
Category:
Asian Fusion
2.5 star rating
3 reviews
5733 Stevenson Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 657-3590
Photo of Delicia S.
I really wanted to like this place for many reasons.   Reason #1  The place
looks
very new, clean and the decor was pretty classy.   Reason #2  Service was
friendly
and attentive.   Reason #3  The.
21. Ginger Bar and Grill
Category:
Restaurants
2 star rating
2 reviews
39900 Balentine Drive
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 490-8390
Photo of Mark G.
The family likes to go for brunch on Easter so we all decide to go to the
Ginger
bar and grill for brunch in the Hilton Hotel in Newark. They had the peel
and eat
shrimp, crab and fresh oysters over.
22. World Gourmet Buffet
Categories:
Chinese
,
Buffets
2 star rating
125 reviews
6010 Stevenson Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 490-6888
Photo of Rizzle B.
3.5 stars  You know I'm honestly and genuinely shocked at the low reviews of
this
place. One star? Seriously?  Disclaimer: I am not in any way related to this
place,
the owners, employees...no.
23. Patron Plaza Mariachi
Category:
Mexican
2 star rating
17 reviews
5733 Stevenson Blvd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 657-3590
Photo of Michelle A.
ZERO Stars!!!!! This place is NASTY. The floor is sticky, no one to greet
you at
the door, the food DOES NOT LOOK LKE THE PICTURES. Nice try! This place is
OVERPRICED.
The Lack of staff if that is.
24. Shan Restaurant
Category:
Restaurants
5720 Mowry School Rd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 490-7426
25. Shan Restaurant
Category:
Restaurants
5720 Mowry School Rd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 490-7426
26. Indian Palace Restaurant
Category:
Restaurants
5733 Stevenson Blvd
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 623-9099
27. By the Bay Investments
Category:
Restaurants
39901 Balentine Dr
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 656-6022
28. Gyros Corner
Category:
Restaurants
39941 Balentine Dr
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 668-0110
Claim jumper
Steakhouses
3.5 star rating
414 reviews
43330 Pacific Commons Blvd
Fremont, CA 94536
(510) 445-1850
Photo of Sean S.
I've been to Claim Jumper in Fremont, CA
 twice and I thought it was great. The cost seems to be pricier than usual,
however
you do get large portions of food. If you are lucky enough, hopefully you
1 to 1 of 1