[Nfbc-info] Any "blind-friendly" Lotto machines? Why don't they talk?

Fred's ol' XP regenerative at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 29 02:30:06 UTC 2011

Greetings Federationists!

Why aren't there any talking Lotto machines?

I occasionally buy Mega Millions or Calif Super Lotto tickets from my
trusty Mom & Pop shop.  I bring my ticket home, and file it with my
other tickets.  Every few weeks, I take the tickets back to the shop,
and the friendly staff scan the tickets, congratulate me on any
winners, etc.  In our laid back beach town, we seem to share a
neighborly feeling of trust.  Besides, the shop has cameras, so
everyone is recorded around the counter.

Recently, my girlfriend raised a point.  I don't really know which
tickets are winners or losers, but am simply taking someone else's
word on what the scanner gadget said.  To wit:  why don't the lottery
ticket machines talk?

Is this something that we should weigh-in on?

Thoughts?  Comments?  Complaints?

Wishing all of you a prosperous and healthful new year, filled with
as much love and peace as you can stand!

Fred C
Beach Cities Chaper
NFBC