[Nfbc-info] Proper eticate on our list serve

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 6 23:47:59 UTC 2011

Dear listers:
This is a reminder that our affiliate list serve is not a vehicle for
fundraising for outside agencies or organizations.  While we certainly do
benefit from announcements about services to blind people, it is not
appropriate to ask our members to donate to organizations other than our
own.

I am certain that by now everyone has heard about the historic event that
took place in Daytona on January 29, 2011.  Mark Riccobono drove a car at
the Blind Driver Challenge.  It is the work of the National Federation of
the Blind that makes events such as this happen.

I would like to acknowledge Brian Buhrow for his participation in the Blind
Driver Challenge.    It is because of people like Brian who are willing to
share their experience, strength and hope for the future that we are so
strong.

Go out and make it a great day and spread the word about the work of the
NFB.

Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net