[Nfbc-info] Grants for first timers at NFB of California 2011 convention

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 29 04:48:04 UTC 2011

Hello All:

I am writing to encourage all those people who have not attended one of our
conventions before to pre-register while you have a chance to receive a
$200.00 first timers grant to attend the annual convention of the National
Federation of the Blind of California.
The convention will be held on October 13 through 16, 2011.

The pre-registration form can be found at www.sixdots.org/events.  The
deadline is October 6.

The convention will be held at the Hilton Newark/Fremont.
39900 Balentine Drive, Newark, CA  94560
Phone for room reservations:  510-490-8390
Room rates are $85.00 per night.

The Board of Directors will meet on Thursday at 7:00 P.M.
On Friday, the Exhibit Hall will be open from 9:00 A.M. to aproximately 9:00
P.M.
All of the break-out sessions will occur on this day.  They are:
resolutions, seniors, OCB Alumni, library, education California Association
of Blind Students, Parents of Blind Children and a professional improv
comedy show at 8:00 P.M.
On Saturday, we will take a "Walk for Independence" through the streets of
Newark to celebrate "White Cane Day".
Saturday evening, we will hear from our keynote speaker and national
representative,
Mr.  Joe Ruffalo, President, NFB New Jersey and member of the national Board
of Directors.
On Sunday, we will rap it up with elections, resolutions and personal
testimonies about how the NFB changes lives and what it means to be blind.

I hope you jump at the chance to get one of the first 12 registration
tickets for first timers.  Be sure to check that box on the pre-registration
form

See you in Newark.  Together, we will
"CATCH OUR DREAMS".

Mary Willows, President