[Nfbc-info] San Fernando valley Chapter Activities

Robert Stigile rstigile at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 22:40:10 UTC 2012

There's a lot going on at the San Fernando Valley Chapter. The SFV chapter
would like to cordially invite you to join us!

August 11, 2012- Chapter meeting, 10 am to 12 noon

18425 Burbank Blvd., 7th floor CPS conference room Tarzana, 91356

            We have invited the lead senior officer of the west valley LAPD
division. LAPD West Valley Division Senior Lead Officer Daryl Scoggins will
come and speak to us about neighborhood watch and current crime trends in
the Tarzana area, the San Fernando Valley, and the city of Los Angeles. He
will also share some helpful tips on how to stay safe and answer related
questions. To RSVP, please email us at  <mailto:nfbevents at gmail.com>
nfbevents at gmail.com or call 818-457-9449.

August 11 - Tech Talk, 2-4 pm

Same location as our chapter meeting

            Because of unexpected events that happened in June, Mr. Peter
Proscia was not able to present. We are happy to announce that Peter Proscia
from Innovative Rehabilitation Technology Inc. will join us at this month's
Tech Talk meeting. For over 30 years this company has provided high tech
innovations to the Blind, Low Vision, and individuals with learning
Disabilities. IRTI specializes in the development of reading, playback,
publishing and web distribution tools for daisy talking books, scan and
read, magnification and accessible electronic entertainment systems. He will
not only just talk to us about their latest and greatest products but also
bring a variety of their coolest gadgets for us to have some hands-on
experience with. To RSVP, contact Julian Vargas at
<mailto:prtblaccess at gmail.com> prtblaccess at gmail.com or 818-794-9554.

August 18 - Deep Sea Fishing Adventure

            The chapter presents its second annual deep sea fishing
adventure. It will be at the Marina Del Rey Sport Fishing

Cost is $39 for adults and $25 for Children UNDER 12

Boat departs at 12:30 and returns approximately at 5:30 pm

Pick up and drop off address: Berth 52 off Fiji Way and Lincoln

13552 Fiji Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Phone: 310-822-3625

Basic fishing techniques will be taught if requested

For general information: 2012 Free Fishing Licenses

** Please note you will still need an enhanced ocean validation - OCEAN
ENHANCEMENT VALIDATION - $4.89**

 <http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/sportfishingfreereduced.html>
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/sportfishingfreereduced.html

Marina Del Rey website

 <http://mdrsf.com/> http://mdrsf.com/

For more information or to reserve your rod and reel call, Gordon Chan
909-576-2934. Please RSVP if you plan to attend

September 9 - Summer Barbecue Fundraiser Party, 3-6 pm

American Legion hall, 602 Pico St., San Fernando, CA 91340

            Come join the members of the SFV Chapter as we celebrate the end
of summer 2012 with a TRI-TIP AND CHICKEN BARBECUE.  Proceeds from this
event will help us continue our mission to provide our members, and other
blind adults and children in the community with the necessary resources and
information to help them live enriched, productive and independent lives.

            Tickets will be $14.00 pre-paid until September 2, 2012 and
$15.00 at the door.  Children 12 years and under will be $8.00.  Great food,
entertainment, fun games and raffle prizes will all be part of the
festivities. For questions and details, please contact us at 818-457-9449 or
<mailto:nfbevents at gmail.com> nfbevents at gmail.com.

Last but certainly not the least; we are selling raffle tickets for $10
each. We are going to raffle off a package that includes a 45 minute wine
tour, tasting, $20 gift certificate towards wine purchase and gourmet lunch
at the Agua Dulce Winery in Agua Dulce California 91390. The drawing will be
held on September 9th at our BBQ party. You don't have to be present to
win... Funds raised will go towards helping our chapter to continue to reach
out to and help our community by providing educational seminars and
organizing fun and diverse activities that inspire and help to build
confidence among our members and other blind people who are always welcome
to participate. Even if wine tasting isn't your thing, this package would
make an excellent gift to someone for any occasion. If you'd like to support
our efforts by purchasing tickets, please contact any of the SFV chapter
members and we will all be happy to get you all set up.

Thank you!

Robert Stigile, President

San Fernando Valley Chapter