[Nfbc-info] the redbox issue on the internet

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 22:56:03 UTC 2012

Hi my NFB family,

Earlier I sent a press release concerning a lawsuit filed against
Redbox and how their DVD rental kiosks are inaccessible to blind
people. I hope you took the time to read it.

In searching around the internet to see where the Redbox press release
was mentioned, I stumbled upon some awful comments about blind people.
The most hanus of comments came from the Free Republic. Here is the
link:

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/2832364/posts

I really think we all should spend five minutes online writing a
message or two to straighten out these people. Seriously? We're
talking about comments like: who drove them to the redbox?; garbage
like this shouldn't see the light of day; Next you know they will be
suing Apple for no tactile keys. I really feel sorry for the blind but
this is pushing the envelope ...

I invite you to help change the attitudes of some of these ... well
... I'm going to be nice and not call them names. I'm sure by the time
you read this email more comments will have been posted to this site
and others. Help fight ignorance online by posting your own comments.

Thanks,
Lisamaria