[Nfbc-info] bid for a brand new Kurzweil 1000 program and help raise funds for adoption!

Deepa Goraya deepa.goraya at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:36:06 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine, Carrie Griffin Basas, is holding an online auction to
raise funds to adopt their daughter. There are several really cool items to
bid on and your money will go to the Adoption Fund. I have donated a
Kurzweil 1000 program that I am not using to the auction. If anyone needs a
brand new unopened Kurzweil program, please bid on it! The link to the
program is: http://www.facebook.com/events/354158444660785/

The Kurzweil is listed at a starting bid of $75. Money goes into the
adoption nonprofit's tax-deductible fund, so people get a receipt.

Here is the description of the auction from Carrie and Fred Basas:

Treasures and Nugget(s): Online Auction to Raise $ for the Adoption Fund

Our auction to raise funds to bring home our Nugget starts on Monday,
September 3rd and runs until 11PM Eastern on Monday, September 17th.

HOW TO BID: Pls bid by commenting on the photo. Your bid needs to be higher
than the previous one to advance the auction and be in a winning position.
At 11PM Eastern on Monday, 9/17, we'll close out the auction and whomever
had the highest last bid for an item will win it. ALL ITEMS INCLUDE
SHIPPING-- NOTHING EXTRA TO PAY! Thanks to our lovely donors and bidders. It
means a lot! Feel free to share this page. Questions? Email Carrie:
cbasas at gmail.com. FB email sometimes fails.

At the end of the auction, you buy the item by donating to Nugget's
tax-deductible adoption fund and emailing a copy of your receipt to me. Then
I will connect you with the person who donated the item and you will receive
it that way.

You can pay for auction items **after you're declared the winner** by
donating through the Paypal account for Nugget/Delilah:
http://reecesrainbow.org/38066/sponsorbasas

Or by sending a check:
 Reece's Rainbow
 PO Box 4024
 Gaithersburg, MD
 20885

**Please note on your check that it is for Delilah/Basas.** If you don't,
your donation will not go to us.

Where does the auction $ go? To our tax-deductible donation account.
International special needs adoptions can cost $25K+ to cover paperwork,
translation, court costs, airfare, medical exams, and the in-country stay.
Thanks for your help to Liberate the Nugget! Our adoption story is here:
http://adoptingdelilah.tumblr.com/.

Thanks and much love to everyone-- strangers and friends alike-- Carrie and
Fred, for Nugget, too