[Nfbc-info] The Compass Cards of San Diego's Public Transportation

Dennis Russak via Nfbc-info nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
Sat May 24 18:27:15 UTC 2014

Good morning NFBC.,

  I'd like to comment on the problems being discussed by our good friends down in the San Diego area regarding photographs on their subsidized transit cards.

  I understand, Lisa, your feelings on this matter. I tend to agree with Jim Barber, though, not only for the reasons he has stated, but for another reason none of you may have thought of, and that is the problem of outright theft. If someone lifts your card from you, they cannot use it because your picture is on the card, entitling only you to use it. Further, in order to prevent theft _all such cards (both full-fare and subsidized) should have one's photograph on it, which should prevent the singling out of any class of people altogether. I'm the representative from our River City chapter on the Mobility Advisory Council for Regional Transit which serves Sacramento County. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

  Good luck in solving the problems down there, and we're behind you guys all the way.
     Dennis Russak