[Nfbc-info] November Meeting for the San Francisco Chapter

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Tue Nov 4 14:31:11 UTC 2014

What:  Next San Francisco NFB Chapter Meeting
When:  Next Tuesday, November 11, from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M.
Where: San Francisco Lighthouse - 214 Van Ness St. San Francisco

----

The San Francisco chapter of the National Federation of the Blind will meet
on Tuesday evening, November 11, 2014 at the San Francisco Lighthouse, 214
Van Ness St., San Francisco.  We will enjoy appetizers and modest supper
starting at 6:00 PM.  The formal meeting begins at 6:30  PM and adjourns
promptly at 8:00 PM (note earlier start time).
Last meeting we focused on transportation issues in the Bay Area.  With the
Thanksgiving holiday upon us, we will take some time to reflect on the
nature of our independence.  We will listen to an excerpt from one of Dr.
Jernigan's recorded speeches and allow time for a thorough group discussion
on how each of us approaches blindness and independence in today's social
settings.  Don't miss this relaxed time of reflection and sharing.  Chapter
President Tim Elder can be reached at eldert at uchastings.edu or at
410.415.3493.