[Nfbc-info] advocate for access to online instructional material

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Sat Aug 8 20:57:08 UTC 2015

Hello fellow Californians,

                Recall that a while back I posted a message asking for your
stories, both positive and negative, about the accessibility of online
instructional material. These will be presented in support of the SMART act,
which will provide for the creation of standards which developers can use to
make their software accessible.

                A huge thank you to those who have already submitted
stories. In the usual race between the states, California is making a very
strong showing. So far we have more SMART act stories than any state in the
Southwest region, and we are in second place nationwide, second only to
North Carolina. Let's keep those stories coming!

                If you are a student, a former student, someone who works
with students, basically if you have experience using online instructional
material with screen access technology, we want to hear about your
experience. Please send your story to Kathryn Webster at
kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com.

                If you have any questions about this effort or want help
drafting your story, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you, and happy advocating,

Angela