[Nfbc-info] A question about calling companies that use a dialinsystem

Portia Mason knitangelpm at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 22:43:56 UTC 2016

Thank you for getting back to me on this. Because I feel this is really important. Since a lot of us use the phone phone such as androids and I phone devices. We need to let the companies know that a lot of us are visually impaired and sometimes when you go to enter a credit card number or a telephone number they don't give you enough time. I have explained that was one of my companies that I deal with for my prepaid card and I explained it to the customer service that they need to change that timing so that it makes it easier for us that do not see and were using a touch tone and voice technology to punch in numbers that they need to make the timing a little bit longer. It makes a little bit difficult such as if you want to check your balance or get some information about your card and you need to have a sighted person to help you because of the amount of time that is limited to you. I hope I'm getting my point across. But yes thank you so much and I hope that maybe someone in the NFB Organization can raise this issue. I will definitely look into filing a complaint with the ADA and letting them know that they need to change some of these policies with a lot of these companies that are like credit card companies or cable companies or even companies that deal with Internet issues. And when you have to pay a bill, you need to enter information at a certain time. Even when you have to call a company and make a payment by phone and they're using an automated system sometimes the automated system is either a little bit hard to understand. Or the questions that they ask you and expect an answer the answers that you gave are never what they are expecting you to give them because it's an automated system. Or even when you are speaking to an operator through the company, that sometimes it's hard to hear. Some of us are deaf blind and we need to have companies that could fix their phone system so that we can understand them.

Portia MasonSent from my iPad