[Nfbc-info] Follow-up to online job application problem solving

Charles Krugman ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 13 03:41:20 UTC 2016

congratulations!
Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Irving via Nfbc-info
Sent: Wednesday, March 9, 2016 6:42 PM
To: 'NFB of California List'
Cc: Lisa Irving
Subject: [Nfbc-info] Follow-up to online job application problem solving

Hello,

I thought that I'd let my Federation family know that I received a job offer
this afternoon. I want to thank Ted clark for helping me to prep for the
interview. Three of the questions we practiced were asked. I thought the
first half of the interview went pretty well. One reason why things went
well is due to some additional advice Ted offered. He told me that if I lose
focus, and I did, to ask for the question to be repeated. Ted also coached
me how to politely respond to questions that shouldn't be asked; the ones
only asked of a blind candidate. Yes, I was asked one of those questions. I
felt unsure of myself, however, I responded with Ted's words, that is, is
this question asked of all candidates. Yes, I did have my laptop with me to
take notes.

I thought the second half of the interview could have gone south. I was
asked to read an article. The interview team was unable to email or download
the article to a thumb drive. Therefore, I worked with a reader; not my
first, second or third choice. I was supposed to take notes and then do a
presentation. I know I was what I consider far from my best. None the less,
I did my mini  presentation.

I'm not going to minimize the fact that I am familiar with some of the
employees, including two of the three interviewers. Yes, who you know opens
doors, however, what you know seals the deal.

Thank you Ted, Mary, Robert, Mike and everyone else who has helped me to
work on some of the skills that helped me during the application and
interviewing process.

Warmly,

Lisa Irving