[Nfbc-info] Uber question

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Thu Mar 17 01:33:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm thinking back to a number of Uber Support phone calls I have received
about discrimination on the basis of traveling with a service animal. It is
my understanding that the driver is no longer obligated to pick any of us up
who have faced this practice by that driver. Does this mean that if there
are 15 Uber drivers in my area; 8 of them are Uber X and the rest arenot,
and of the eight drivers five have refused to transport me and my service
animal then because there's only three drivers "available" am I subjected to
surge pricing? The thought came up because I've noticed a lot more surge
priceing during no particular part of the day. I live inbetween two freeways
and am near many businesses and major cross streets. Your thoughts?