[Nfbc-info] 3-hole punched tractor feed braille paper

Fred's Win7 Catastrophe regenerative at earthlink.net
Sat May 14 20:31:32 UTC 2016

Hello again Federationists!
Do blind people have a right to know prices, and what amount is being
deducted from our debit cards?  Do you know what accessible
commercial washer and dryer technology is available?
Under new management, my apartment complex switched to new washers
and dryers in our laundry room. Big front loading Speedqueens, each
machine has 2-digital displays, and instead of Quarters, they require
a debit card.
I kinda have the card swipe figured out, but cannot read that
display.  It'll say things like, "Please swipe card,"  "Authorizing,"
"No Balance," and who knows what else.  I'd like that info to be
spoken, but it's not essential.
The other display shows different prices as I select different
washing or drying options, then it'll begin a countdown clock once
the machine is running. I would like to know the prices, and what
amount is being sucked out of my card account.
Are there any accessible versions of these stupid machines?
Do I have a legal right to know prices and debits before I authorize
them?  Do I have a Legal Right to know when and how much I'm spending on what?
The vendor that we are leasing or bought these junky monsters from
says they've never heard of such a thing.  (Wasn't there a Superbowl
ad that showed talking appliances?)

Part of that vending company is called WashView or WaveVision, and I
can supposedly monitor our laundry room through
<http://www.washview.com>www.washview.com.  That's a feature for
people who cannot tell time, I assume.   HaHaHaHeeheehaw!   Also
seems odd that a company that calls itself "WaveVision," wouldn't put
a little thought into nonvisual access!

To add insult to injury, a load of wash and dry used to cost
$1.75-total.  The new machines cost me about $6-total.

Please feel free to pass this email on to others who may be helpful!

  Fred
near San Diego