[Nfbc-info] NFB Of California Community Service Division Seminar At the 2016 State Convention

Kyra Sweeney kyra.sweeney94 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 08:47:01 UTC 2016

Hello all:
  Are you interested in volunteering and community service? Would you
like to learn more about finding a service opportunity, volunteering
with your chapter, or confidently addressing concerns you might face
while serving? If so, the National Federation of the Blind of
California Community Service Division invites you to our seminar at
this year’s state convention, which will take place on Friday, October
21st at 4 PM in the Granada Room of the Embassy Suites. we will offer
great presentations from blind people who are doing community service
and want to share how you can show your community that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you. We will highlight the impact
that chapters can make by participating in service projects, and end
with a discussion about the future of our division and how you can get
involved. Also, we will be selling raffle tickets for an exciting
basket of items.

  The meeting agenda is attached as a Word document. We hope you will
join us, and take this opportunity to learn more about what the
California Community Service Division is all about.
Best,
Kyra Sweeney
Vice President, NFB of California Community Service Division