[Nfbc-info] Cal and Melissa are safe

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 12 02:13:22 UTC 2017

Hello All:

I just received a return phone call from Melissa Sanders.  Believe it or
not, Cal and Melissa are again threatened by fire.  Everything in their
neighborhood for miles is gone except for their home and a few others on
their block.  There is nothing left for as far as you can see.  There is
still a threat that the wind can change and finish wiping out theirblock.
As you may have heard on the news the K mart in Santa Rosa was burned to the
ground.  It was two blocks from their home.

Melissa asked me to post this information to let everyone know that they
have been evacuated to a hotel in San Jose.  That was the closest hotel with
availability because of all of the evacuations.  Cal goes back every day to
wet down the house and make sure the house is not burning.

Those of us who remember that Cal and Melissa's house burned in a robbery
several years ago may also remember that Cal was able to save their kitten.
After that the kitten was named Smokey.  I could hear Smokey protesting
voraciously in the background while I spoke to Melissa.  She obviously just
wants to go home.

I told Melissa that we are pulling for them.  Melissa said to tell you that
they love you and she will make contact when this nightmare is over.

Best-

Mary Willows