[Nfbc-info] FW: GDB Announcements: Input to the Department of Transportation ANPRM and the July E Calendar

Allison Depner adepner1425 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 17:17:58 UTC 2018

Respectfully,

Allison Depner

NFBCA AT-Large chapter President

(619) 952-2352

allison at sdfutures.org

You Can Live the Life You Want!!

From: Theresa Stern [mailto:tstern at guidedogs.com]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:07 AM
Subject: GDB Announcements: Input to the Department of Transportation ANPRM and the July E Calendar

Dear GDB Alumni,

I want to make everyone aware of an opportunity to let your voice be heard regarding the Air Carrier Access Act as it specifically relates to transportation of service animals and emotional support animals.  Due to the many challenges people who work with service animals, the airlines, and the general public are experiencing with the current regulations,  the Department of Transportation (DOT) has issued an Advanced Notice of Public Rule Making (ANPRM) on this issue and is asking for public comment.  Below you will find GDB’s input to the ANPRM and I encourage you to share your perspective as guide dog users with the DOT.  Comments must be submitted by July 9th, 2018.  For details on the ANPRM go to: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=DOT-OST-2018-0068-0001 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=LbgFN4wTtuOylxVij1HsNg> .   I strongly encourage you to share your opinions on each of the questions posed in the ANPRM through this public comment opportunity, here is the link you can use to post your input: https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=DOT-OST-2018-0068-1157 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=mJK0DtrGKO5XIFZm15CY0A>

Following GDB’s comments to the DOT, I have posted our Alumni Association E Calendar.

Very Best,

Theresa

**