[Nfbc-info] Hearing on AB 1865 on March 6 9:00 a.m.

Shannon Dillon shannonldillon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:50:50 UTC 2018

The hearing on AB-1865  will be on March 6th at 9:00 am in room 126 on
the historic side of the Capitol.

We recently learned that the ACLU is opposing our bill, and so is the
California Public Defenders Association. This means that we need as
many dogs present as possible. This includes puppy raisers and all
service animals from a recognized training program.

We need dogs and people at the hearings. Remember this bill is in our
best interest as it will allow for penalties for attacks on any
service animal from a recognize school. This also includes puppies in
homes for the first part of their training. The law if passed will
remove the part of the law that states that our dogs must be in
harness when attacked in order to take action. This will bring CA more
in compliance with the ADA. The ADA bases service dogs on their
training , not their equipment.

Please contact me with any questions at 415-218-5862 of
shannonldillon at gmail.com.

Shannon

--
SHANNON L. DILLON