[Nfbc-info] Casting Blind Actor

Allison Depner adepner1425 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 22:28:15 UTC 2018

I have one word to say about this YAY!

Respectfully,
Allison Depner
NFBCA AT-Large chapter President
(619) 952-2352
allison at sdfutures.org
You Can Live the Life You Want!!

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBC-Info [mailto:nfbc-info-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Tim Elder
via NFBC-Info
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 1:56 PM
To: 'NFB of California List'
Cc: tim at timeldermusic.com
Subject: [Nfbc-info] Casting Blind Actor

We should applaud the entertainment industry trying to cast actual blind
people in roles depicting blind characters.  I hope someone auditions for
this:

A film director is hoping to cast a blind person to play a blind character
in this film instead of having a sighted actor pretending to be blind.

Role: A smart, funny, lighthearted and quickwitted Jewish grandmother who is
blind.

Film Summary: "As a brother and sister describe what is happening in a movie
to their blind grandmother, they begin to realize they see things through
their different gender perspectives."

Company: Vanishing Angle

Shoot Date: 3/25, 3/26 Los Angeles CA

Pay: SAG deferred

If interested, please contact film director Lauren Smitelli at
laurensmitelli at gmail.com <mailto:laurensmitelli at gmail.com>