[Nfbc-info] Congressional Legislative Alert

Shannon Dillon shannonldillon at gmail.com
Tue May 22 22:21:48 UTC 2018

Good afternoon,
Please see the legislative alert from John Pare below to take action
to support our Space Available legislation.
Thanks.

Shannon

Pare, John via NFBNet-Members-List<nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Wed, May 16, 2018 at 1:19 PM
To: "nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org" <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We are at a critical juncture for our Space Available legislation.
Next week, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for fiscal
year 2019 will be up for a committee vote in the Senate. The update to
the Space Available program that would allow veterans with a
service-connected permanent disability rated as total, who received
their disability before 1978 to have access to military flights has
been included in the House version of the NDAA, but not the Senate
version. This is a position that we have found ourselves in
previously. We want to ensure that we do everything we can to try and
get the legislation into the Senate version of the NDAA.

Below you will find a list of the senators who are on the Armed
Services Committee, along with their Washington office phone numbers.
Please call or email Senator McCain and Senator Inhofe’s offices, as
they are the two most senior Republican members of the committee, and
urge them to do two things: cosponsor S. 116, the Space Available bill
in the Senate; and to include that bill in the Senate version of the
NDAA. Additionally, if you live in one of the states represented on
the list, please call or email your senator and ask them to do the
same. You might say something like:

“My name is [name], and I am calling to encourage the Senator to
cosponsor a bill that would allow disabled veterans to use the Space
Available program (S. 116). This bill is supported by Vietnam Veterans
of America, Disabled American Veterans, Veterans of Foreign Wars, and
the National Association of Blind Veterans. I also ask that the
Senator include the language of the bill in the National Defense
Authorization Act.

Thank you for your support of blind veterans.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]”

With your help and support, we can get Space Available across the
finish line, and give our disabled veterans the honor they deserve.

Senate Armed Services Committee Member Contact Information

Majority:

John McCain (AZ)             202-224-2235

James Inhofe (OK)          202-224-4721

Roger Wicker (MS)          202-224-6253

Deb Fischer (NE)              202-224-6551

Tom Cotton (AR)              202-224-2353

Mike Rounds (SD)            202-224-5842

Joni Ernst (IA)                    202-224-3254

Thom Tillis (NC)                 202-224-6342

Dan Sullivan (AK)              202-224-3004

David Perdue (GA)          202-224-3521

Ted Cruz (TX)                     202-224-5922

Lindsey Graham (SC)      202-224-5972

Ben Sasse (NE)                  202-224-4224

Tim Scott (SC)                    202-224-6121

Minority:

Jack Reed (RI)                    202-224-4642

Bill Nelson (FL)                  202-224-5274

Claire McCaskill (MO)     202-224-6154

Jeanne Shaheen (NH)    202-224-2841

Kirsten Gillibrand (NY)   202-224-4451

Richard Blumenthal (CT)202-224-2823

Joe Donnelly (IN)             202-224-4814

Mazie Hirono (HI)            202-224-6361

Tim Kaine (VA)                  202-224-4024

Angus King (ME)               202-224-5344

Martin Heinrich (NM)     202-224-5521

Elizabeth Warren (MA)  202-224-4543

Gary Peters (MI)              202-224-6221

Thanks,

John