[Nfbc-info] Amazon access barriers

Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Wed Nov 28 20:33:36 UTC 2018

Typically most everything on the app works.

I noticed the buttons for viewing the 15 seconds videos, on Black Friday and
Cyber Monday, that give you access to the $5.00 bonus doesn't work with
voiceover. Additionally, when checking out, most of the yellow bars labeled
"continue" (buttons) work fine when doing the double tap. However, the
purchase or the final button can be viewed on the screen, but when
double-tapping that button other text is read. Swiping right and left and
eventually going to the top of the page and repeating the process has
yielded eventual success.

There's a check box on the check-out page that allows the shopper to
designate a permanent or primary address. You have to ignore what voiceover
says. You can tap to your heart's content and typically, voiceover won't
recognize the box as "checked". However, when placing the iPhone screen
under a CCTV I could see that the checkbox was actually checked.

I also noticed when shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday the color and
size boxes appeared incorrectly labeled for voiceover. Voiceover announced,
"submit". Eventually, I discovered that tapping "submit" yielded the
information I needed; colors and sizes. Again, I placed the iPhone under the
CCTV to glean this insight.

Obviously, there are work-arounds and easy assumptions which enabled me, you
and others to complete the spending process. On the other hand, were you
able to use your iPhone and voiceover to register for sweep steaks offers
and get the $5.00 bonuses to apply to your shopping purchases? Is it our
responsibility to dream up the work-arounds? Should it become necessary for
me to compensate and place my phone under my CCTV to see why voiceover
wasn't giving me the information I sought? Personally, I think not.

Lisa Irving