[Nfbc-info] Enchanted Hills Music Camp

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Fri Apr 5 20:50:21 UTC 2019

Hello from the LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired!

If you are a blind singer, songwriter, musician or an aspiring musician, Enchanted Hills Camp in Napa, California has the session for you. We're hosting a blind Music Camp from August 5 - 11 for ages 16 to 24, and we can't wait.

This year's Music Camp will be led by our very own Masceo Williams and Lawrence Brown as co-directors. Students will learn the hallmarks of blind musicianship including individual performance practice, song writing, collaboration in an ensemble and stage etiquette. We'll even cover performing in a house band! Campers will work with braille music and gain proficiency in accessible recording. Students will be coached on a range of instruments including vocals, guitar, drums/percussion and piano, and gain valuable insight from guest speakers. We'll finish off the weekend with a performance in our Redwood Grove Theater.

We require that participants have some foundational music skills. For more information, and to sign up, check out our Music Camp Page<http://lighthouse-sf.org/music-camp/>.

?

Many of our supporters give a gift to the LightHouse in their wills, as a way to have a lasting impact on a cause that's important to them. Make your will for free today!<http://freewill.com/lighthousesf>