[NFBC-Info] Happy 2020 and Happy Birthday Louis Braille!

Jennifer Gass jengass73 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 22:55:23 UTC 2019

Dear Federation Family:

The San Joaquin County Chapter, National Federation of the Blind  of California would like to wish you a joyful and prosperous New Year and invite you to share how your chapter is celebrating Louis Braille‘s 211th birthday on January 4, 2020.
Our chapter is holding a braille storytime at Stockton BARNES & NOBLE between 11:30 AM and 12:00 PM on Saturday, January 4, 2020. We will share “Twin Vision” print/braille children’s books read by our members demonstrating The importance of braille, sing ”Happy Birthday” to Louis Braille and share a little about the man and the 6 dot reading and writing  system he devised. We will end the celebration bye presenting Each participant with an NFB  braille alphabet bookmark Personalized with his/her name in Braille. Many thanks to stockton BARNES & NOBLE for continuing this partnership of sharing braille literacy with our community!