[NFBC-Info] November Presidents Notebook

joystigile at gmail.com joystigile at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 18:02:12 UTC 2019

Dear Family,

At long last . the agenda for the 2019 annual convention of the National
Federation of the Blind of California has been posted!  You can find the
electronic version posted on the general convention information page
<http://www.nfbcal.org/convention/> .  This will be one of our best
conventions yet.  Thank you to our generous sponsors: Cruise, Rosen Bien
Galvan & Grunfeld, Consumer Accessibility Information Label Association, and
Zoox.  Thanks also to all the members who have registered thus far.  We will
continue to receive convention registrations through the end of the event.
For those who were on the fence, now is the time to review the agenda and
then decide to come discover what all the buzz is about.  I promise you will
learn something new and gain from the experience.

It is also now time to prepare for our 2020 Washington Seminar event.
Applicants who are interested in joining the delegation should apply
<http://ulwxastpyh.formstack.com/forms/washington_seminar>  before November
30, 2019 by visiting
http://ulwxastpyh.formstack.com/forms/washington_seminar.

Tim Elder, President, National Federation of the Blind of California

president at nfbcal.org <mailto:president at nfbcal.org>

VM:  916.382.0372

The At Large chapter will be selling Sees  lollipops at the state
convention.  Butter scotch, vanilla, chocolate and coffee.  Donation is $1
each.

Cathy Gaten, President, At-Large Chapter

cathygaten1955 at gmail.com <mailto:cathygaten1955 at gmail.com>

323.506.5939

The Diabetes Action Network will be having  their annual luncheon meeting on
November 8, in the Grand Ballroom at the State Convention.  The guest
speaker will be MS Stephanie Lynth, from the Dexcom company.  She will be
speaking about how the Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring System works
and about the process to have Medicare cover most of the costs of this
system for you.

Joy Stigile, President, Diabetes Action Network of California

818.510.2353

joystigile at gmail.com <mailto:joystigile at gmail.com>

>From the San Fernando Valley Chapter

The Best in Tech 2019 is fast approaching.  This event will allow you to
learn about the latest innovations of technology for the Blind and Visually
impaired.  It will take place on Saturday, November 16th at Braille
Institute 741 n Vermont Avenue.

Los Angeles 90029.

To register and learn more, please go to www.bestintech.info
<http://www.bestintech.info> .

Don't miss out on this great event, as everyone who pre-registers before
November 12th will receive lunch and you will be entered in to drawings
during the day, and there will be a keynote speaker from Apple.  So don't
wait, register today!

Robert Stigile, Second Vice-president

national Federation of the Blind of California

President San Fernando Valley Chapter

C: 818-381-9568

email: rstigile at gmail.com <mailto:rstigile at gmail.com>

The Pathfinder Chapter Will host their first annual Thanksgiving luncheon On
Thursday, November 21 2019.  Chapter members will serve, greet and prepare
the Thanksgiving meal.  Chapter members will serve the volunteers at the
Center that helps out their Chapter Meeting and other organizations that
meet there each month.

Rochelle Houston, First Vice-President National Federation of the Blind of
California

President, Pathfinder Chapter Los Angeles

rhouston58 at gmail.com <mailto:rhouston58 at gmail.com>

323.807.0300

Joy Stigile, Editor

The National Federation of the Blind is a Community of Members and Friends
who believe in the hopes and dreams of the Nations Blind.

Every day we work together to help Blind people live the lives we want.