[NFBC-Info] LightHouse for the Blind in San Francisco is launching our 4th Annual Holman Prize for Blind Ambition

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Fri Jan 24 17:58:39 UTC 2020

LightHouse for the Blind in San Francisco is launching our 4th Annual Holman Prize for Blind Ambition. The prize is a global competition awarding up to $25,000 to three blind people to embark on the project of their dreams. We hope that you will publicize the award during the application period between January 15 - March 15.

We are requesting your aid in helping us spread the news of the prize and the application submission period. Here are the details for you to publish and pass along:

Embedded 90 second Video: Why You should Apply for The Holman Prize in 2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHvcj8H-nEc&feature=youtu.be&mc_cid=3c0ae63a5d&mc_eid=56347e7fb3

The 2020 Holman Prize for Blind Ambition is accepting applications until March 15.
Now in its 4th year, the LightHouse for the Blind in San Francisco's Holman Prize for Blind Ambition is an international competition that is awarded annually to three blind individuals who wish to push their limits. It is named for James Holman, a nineteenth century blind explorer, who was the most prolific traveler before the era of modern transportation. Each winner will receive up to $25,000 to support their adventure. From traversing the Bosporus Straight via solo kayak, to hosting the first conference in Mexico for blind children and their families led by blind professionals, to creating an app to enable blind citizen scientists to participate in the search for exoplanets by listening to space, our nine winners so far (hailing from five countries on four continents), have each found unique ways to forever change the world's perception of blindness.

A big idea, a quick application form and a 90 second pitch video are all that is needed to apply. For inspiration here is the YouTube Playlist of 2019 Holman Prize Finalists

Applications open January 15, 2020 and close March 15, at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Applications and information is available here: holmanprize.org/apply. If you have any questions, please contact us at holman at lighthouse-sf.org.

***
Thank you for helping us get the word out about the short application period for this momentous prize,
Jennifer Sachs

LightHouse's 2020 Holman Prize for Blind Ambition submissions are now being accepted through March 15. LightHouse is awarding up to $25,000 for three blind people to embark on projects of their dreams. For information, eligibility and to apply, visit HolmanPrize.org<https://holmanprize.org>.