[nfbcs] JAWS 10 and Notepad

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 04:01:28 UTC 2008

Hi all,

My JAWS does not read by paragraph when navigating Notepad.  I know, Notepad
is itself an antiquated processor, but I need it at work to accomplish some
tasks.  It reads fine line by line, word by word and so forth, but Control +
up or down arrow only produces the ever hateful "blank, blank."  So, not
only do I not get remote access, but I have to switch back to 7.1 to read my
dang text files!  This is unacceptable, but if a brilliant mind out there
has an idea on how to remedy this unfortunate situation, I will be indebted.
Thank you in advance.

Joe Orozco

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."--James M.
Barrie