[nfbcs] Where's my drive?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Oct 24 16:55:34 UTC 2008

Tracy,

Here is probably more ways to feel like you are doing something but actually waste time.  <smile>  Be sure you are waiting a long enough time after you plug the drive
in.  I've seen some cases where the USB drives take a little time to become known, even after the sound.  Also, if you have an older computer, sometimes there are
different versions of USB connectors on the computer, 1.2 and 2.0.  If you think this is at all a possibility, try all USB ports on your computer since your drive might
require 2.0.  Finally, if none of this works, you might try the "add new hardware" option to see if Windows will find the drive.  This isn't usually necessary, though.

Do you have a way to make sure that your external USB disk is working all right, such as connecting it to another computer or BrailleNote or something?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson