[nfbcs] Google is taking over my PC!

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Dec 10 18:09:54 UTC 2009

It was a search bar, as Lloyd said.  As soon as I saw his message, I
remembered my husband hitting control-e, when I said Windows-e.

The title of the pseudo-google page was "about:blank", but it wasn't
blank, which was confusing.
I saw the stuff Google has on my PC in the add/remove programs section of
the Control Panel.  I removed it all except Google Desktop, which I'm not
sure about.

I too thought spyware, but, happily for me, Lloyd knew the right answer
right away.
Tracy