[nfbcs] [Nfb-rdcomm] dot matrix printer

Don Bomer (Tex) dbomer at txwinet.com
Sun Feb 1 01:07:37 UTC 2009

Hi Gary and all,

I used to repair dot matrix printers and I can assure you that even the
commercial Centronix printers that I worked on were incapable of printing
Braille.

You have three strikes against you:
     1.  The print head pins are a fraction of the size of a Braille dot;
     2.  They have insufficient mass and velocity;
     3.  And the platen (rubber roller) is too hard to allow them to make a
physical impression on the paper.

Warm regards,

Don...