[nfbcs] Java, screen reader and host on demand question:

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Jul 23 13:41:31 UTC 2009

Charles,

When I tried this link with Internet Explorer 6 and Window-Eyes, I lost all speech and the entire system seemed to freeze up followed by a couple of those Windows
error sounds.  Window-Eyes is usually pretty good at not doing this.  I wonder if this is an access issue or if there are system compatibility issues.  You mentioned
both Java and Java Script in your note, and these are two very different things.  Which did you mean?  I have run into Java logon screens before that I was able to
interact with using the mouse keys, mouse pointer or JAWS cursor.  However, this didn't work for me here, as I say, because my whole system seemed to go silent.

If you haven't already done so, see if you can find out what they say the system requirements are, whether they assume any particular browser or plug-ins.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson