[nfbcs] building a webpage

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Wed May 20 04:20:43 UTC 2009

Okay, I am actually asking about menus and wanting to use them under the div
tag. Here are snippets from the menu element page and then from the div
element page. I have pasted the snippet that is relevant followed by the
actual web address so that you can read it in context.

So based on your statement, I should use the menu tag to create navigation
side bar for my website template?

Cindy
snippet 1

HTML <menu> tag

The menu element is deprecated.
http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_menu.asp

snippet 2

Differences Between HTML and XHTML

The "align" attribute of the div element was deprecated in HTML 4.01, and is
not supported in XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD.
http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_div.asp