[nfbcs] 2 more questions re Outlook Express

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 15:26:27 UTC 2009

Ok, here's how to do it --
The way I showed you before succeeds in creating a new shortcut, but it is
put on the "all programs" submenu of the start menu.  It does not put the
shortcut on the desktop.
If you want the latter, do the following:
1. bring up the start menu and hit escape to get focus on the start button.
2. hit the applications key for the context menu and select "explore".
3. go into "programs" and look at the files in that folder.  "Outlook
Express" should be one of them.  Highlight it and copy it with control+c.
4. close that window and go to the desktop.  Be sure you are not selecting
anything on the desktop and hit control+v to paste the shortcut.
And there you have it.

Let me know if there are any problems with this procedure.
Happy munging.
--le