[nfbcs] Notetaker Reviews

Dean Martineau dean at topdotenterprises.com
Mon Sep 7 02:26:17 UTC 2009

In this sort of thing, the first question is, what do you want to do with
your device?  Pac Mate runs Windows Mobile6, or maybe 6.1, so you can
install third-party software on it, but it is less simple to use than the
Braille Note. The more you can delineate about your intended use for the
product, the better able you will be to elicit comparisons.  If you want a
package that does what it does out of the box but is not expandable, then
Braille Note or Braille Sense would fit.  Icon is somewhat expandable if you
want to delve into Linux.  Also, for the same reason that sighted people
aren't buying PDA's much any more, many of us do many of the tasks formerly
done on notetakers on powerful cell phones that are smaller and cheaper.

Dean