[nfbcs] Adaptive Technology and Your Pocketbook

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at loc.gov
Fri Feb 5 14:50:58 UTC 2010

Video Voice is one of the many DOS screen readers which fell by the wayside
in the 1984-93 era.
And in the cab from Baltimore to DC Sunday night, I was telling one of our
R&D Committee members about the Speaqualizer.  Do you remember when we
agonized over the fate of the SSI-263 speech chip?  Sometimes it's scary to
contemplate all the products that have disappeared from the market and are
disappearing from the public consciousness, too.  Not to mention all the
money that was urgently spent on them.

At 09:04 AM 2/5/2010, you wrote:
>Dave:
>
>Er, um, what's Video Voice?
>
>Mike

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Work:  202-707-0535             www.loc.gov/nls
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
The preceding opinions are my own, and not necessarily those of the
National Library Service, Library of Congress.