[nfbcs] Making a workable DVD...Something's wrong with what I'm doing!

Jim jp100 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 3 23:19:41 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I'd like to know if I'm doing something or what I'm doing wrong, as it is my
first time burning files on to a DVD so as to be viewed on either a computer
or a regular DVD player.

My laptop is a Del with Vista, and I'm using JAWS 10.

I first put the blank DVD into the drive, and it gave me a little deal about
preparing the DVD.  I clicked on Next and it prepared it for use.  It also
gave me choices about using Windows Media or other programs to create the
DVD.  Since I had the two MOV files in a folder, I figured I'd just use
Windows Explorer to create the DVD.  I chose that option.

I copied the two mov files and pasted them into the drive with the DVD, and
it began doing its thing.

When it was done, I tried ejecting the DVD, and it said that before
ejecting, it needed to prepare or finish preparing the DVD for use.  OK.

I checked the DVD again, and it showed both files on there with no problem.

My friend played it at home (I'm not sure what he used, a computer or his TV
and DVD player) and said that he got a message saying that the files were
corrupted.  Should that have been?

The two mov files were a musical performance my friends and I did, and one
of my music partners wanted to see the DVD for instructional purposes.

Did I do everything correctly, or should I have done something else instead?

I hope those files aren't corrupted.  I don't think they are because when I
played one just now, it played fine using Flash player.

Help!

Jim