[nfbcs] buying online and product pictures

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Nov 8 12:28:54 UTC 2010

Like a lot of people, I am buying more stuff online.  I am finding a lot
of instances where a website's "description" consists of a picture and a
bit of hyperbole--"The greatest, most convenient whatsit ever!"--then a
general description, if I'm lucky. Sometimes I pick up the phone and give
them a call, but usually that only gets me someone reading the same
description I'm reading.
Anyone have a solution to this problem?  Other than catching that mythical
sighted person all us blind people are supposed to have instant access to
at all times? Although I wonder if the pictures are all that helpful,
either.
Tracy