[nfbcs] iPhone Programming

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sat Aug 13 15:18:54 UTC 2011

Hey Nicole,

I know ther are a few iphone programmers in the
viphone at googlegroups.com  list.

I've looked into this some and the major thing that keeps me from
diving more deeply into it is that you must have a Mac.  There is not
a windows environment for developing Xcode, which is what you need for
iPhone development.

Also, as a blind person, you'll need to learn how to write Xcode
directly, instead of using the modeling framework that sighted
developers can use.  It's not that hard to learn, but will probably be
different than how your sighted colleagues work with it.

I hope that gets you started,

Jim