[nfbcs] jAWS and Deep Freeze

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Tue Dec 6 03:12:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

Sure, sorry Deep Freeze is a program that does not allow a computer to be
updated.  It is used on public computers to prevent users from changing the
configurations of those computers or to prevent viruses or malware programs
from infecting the computer by making changes.  When the computer is logged
off and then logged back onto it reverts to the standardized settings and
content.

I hope this helps.  I apologize for assuming that this is a common program.
Lansing Community College uses it on its public computers.  They claim there
is a conflict with JAWS so they only have 3 computers for blind students to
use.  The limit is because the computers with JAWS don't have Deep Freeze.
This causes problems for equal access by blind students to the college
computers for student use.  We are having a meeting, tomorrow and I wondered
if anyone had experience with this program.

Thanks for any help.

warm Regards,

Fred