[nfbcs] Accessible CAPTCHA

Ryan Stevens rysteve at comcast.net
Thu Jul 14 14:12:34 UTC 2011

Hello,

My company is working on a feedback page for a new client website, and we
will most likely need to use something CAPTCHA-esque to avoid it being
overwhelmed with spam.  I did a little research and found an article in the
January 2009 Braille Monitor reviewing an address given at our 2008 National
Convention from Dr. Jonathan Lazar from Towson University concerning
something called HIPPUU, which, in testing, was significantly more
accessible and effective than standard and audio CAPTCHA's, for both blind
and sighted.  Has this technology come to fruition, and if so, where can I
find it to present to my managers?

Thanks,

Ryan Stevens