[nfbcs] Accessible CAPTCHA

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Thu Jul 14 15:52:25 UTC 2011

Hello Ryan and everyone,

    Is the site being developed using Adobe's ColdFusion. There is a utility
called CFForm Protect that does all spam control in the background and
requires no user interaction. Learn more at:
http://cfformprotect.riaforge.org/

    The Towson system still cuts out the Deaf-blind as it uses audio.
Perhaps your company is crying wolf. I wouldn't include any spam control
utilities on your forms unless it truly became a problem. It has happened
where developers told clients they needed to use captchas of some kind on
their Web sites only to discover they were unnecessary in the first place.
Why burdon visitors with this junk when it really isn't needed. Whatever
system you use don't shut anyone out!!

Peter Donahue