[nfbcs] Blind Programmers' List

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Mon Jun 6 17:34:21 UTC 2011

A more professional and less-known list is
  program-l at freelists.org , which has existed for perhaps 14 years.  Traffic volume is fairly low.

A more cutting-edge list, with students and professionals, which sometimes goes into flame mode, is
  programmingblind at freelists.org . This is the successor of the Blind Programming list which started about 11 years ago.  I think you should start with the second listserv first, because it has more subscribers and you can cast a wider net for your questions.  They are both Mailman lists, so one can subscribe via an address like
  programmingblind-request at freelists.org .

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.