[nfbcs] Intro and quick question

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Fri Jun 10 13:42:16 UTC 2011

Howdy,
I use both Linux and Windows in my every day computing. I prefer a
distribution called Gentoo, though there are plenty on the list who will
blast that distro for being too complicated. Anyway, I find that Linux
accessibility is a lot better than it used to be; I can now use the
gnome environment for a lot of things, and the text interface for
others. The one major thing you'll find that just isn't there is web
browsing. It's there in theory, but you'll have a lot of difficulty
accessing most sights. For productivity I use LaTeX for type setting and
I've been playing with Open Office. I haven't used it enough to give you
a definitive answer on how well it works. Up until a few months ago, I
only used Linux in a server environment.
--
"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E. P. Box
Joseph C. Lininger, <jbahm at pcdesk.net>